Monday, October 31, 2016

The Knock

It is Halloween and the knock is coming. My lights are off, as is the TV. I sit in the dark in my recliner counting the minutes. Someone has seen me enter my place today and not leave. That means I have been targeted. They know I have candy. The supermarket traitors informed the neighborhood. I don't eat much candy. Having it is a reminder I am an adult and can spend money on anything I want.
Last year I could hear their tiny voices through the door. Trick or Treat. But do not dare ignore us. I finally gave in and shared my candy. Not the chocolate. I have limits.
It is near that time. I dare not peek through he blinds. I could leave the sweet stuff in my mailbox, but my mailman is shifty eyed. I don't tip him at holidays and candy would be his revenge.
Kids in costume are cute. I'll watch them on You Tube.
Someone just knocked. They heard my laptop humming. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment