Saturday, February 18, 2017

Bikini Rage

So the Suburban Princess posts a shot of her in a bikini on Valentine's Day and I share it, figuring her positive message to other young women is I don't have a guy, but I still feel good about myself.
Bam! Delete that, she messages me. Immediately! No polite request.
Huh? What did I do? I didn't ask her to post it. Once it's out there you can't dictate what others do with a post. They can ignore it, hit Like or Love or Sad or make a comment or share or any combination of the above. Short of making racist remarks, all of that is appropriate.
Before that, she posts an eight year old video of her and a friend learning Spanish. And before that, a photo of her and her brother mooning the camera. I never asked to see this stuff.
While this nonsense is put out there, never does she post samples of her writing, which can then be linked to her website. She ignores all my suggestions to succeed as a scribe.
Plus, with all the stuff going on in our government, she never posts a single opinion about anything. Meanwhile, we have to see shots of her new hairstyle or outfit. This is an Ivy League graduate.
Suburban Princess thinks she's Tyra Banks.
So I un-friended her. She too self absorbed to even notice. No wonder she's single.

No comments:

Post a Comment