Saturday, February 18, 2017

Potato Ban

I am no longer allowed to have potatoes. Let that sink in. Too many carbs, my doctor says.
I am doing nothing but dreaming about potatoes. Not just fries and hash browns and chips. Wendy's baked potato with all the toppings. Eat just one there is no need for sex all week.
God, what am I going to do? Beans? Maybe for awhile that will suffice. Pork rinds are his orders, nothing but pork rinds without carbs.
Maybe I'll order hash browns and sniff them.
I want to bury my face in a sliced yam and suck out all the yamness. Without potatoes is there a reason to go on?
I hesitate to ask him about gelato. What if he shakes his head? How will I fit into society if I can't partake of those two food staples?
You will see me wandering around supermarkets sobbing quietly, forced into the organic foods aisle. Even organic potatoes are off limits. I knew thought adulthood could be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment