Saturday, July 15, 2017

Off the Grid

I found the cast for my new play online. They had been laid off from a canceled children's TV show in Milwaukee. I was cutting corners salary wise. I took them to dinner to get them acclaimated to the big city. They couldn't believe octopus was on the menu.
I had written a musical version of The Winds of War, the Herman Wouk novel. All the cast members were excited to be involved. My director Keith, initially was stoked to begin. But as rehearsals wore on, it became obvuius none of the cast could sing worth a damn. So we changed our focus and I submitted a script of Hitchcock's Rear Window as a light comedy.
It was tough getting investors until The Mob showed interest. We are mounting our first preview very soon. The Boccanocca Family gets 65% of the profits. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. You do what you have to in this business.

No comments:

Post a Comment