Monday, September 26, 2011

Pipe Woes

I refuse responsibility for the pipe below my toilet, especially if it's damaged. When I bought, I purchased walls, a floor and ceiling, a door and several windows. No one said anything about pipes leading to the basement, pipes that might be leaking. The plumber came and immediately discovered my bowl is leaking from the bottom. Seven years old and wear and tear have triumphed. This is what we get for sending our bathroom fixture manufacturing overseas to third world countries. The plumber spoke English as a second language, so I hope I understood him when he gave me an estimate. If there is still water leaking into the basement I am praying the building is responsible because my insurance informed me wear and tear is not covered in anything.
I hate pipes in general. Yes, they are necessary, but do they have to be so colorless? No one has ever written a poem about a pipe.
So now I'm waiting for the plumber to return with my new toilet. I should have asked for a power flush model. My friend has one and it's quite impressive. Can I be prosecuted for refusal to accept responsibility for faulty pipes? If so, let's expand it to those with dogs that flop onto their back and expect you to rub their stomach. Now I must go and change the soaked towel on the floor. I should have invested in a squeegee.

No comments:

Post a Comment