Monday, July 15, 2013

Heat Wave

In the middle of this heat wave I got my teeth cleaned. In the midst of this procedure I panicked. What if my dentist suddenly became overwhelmed by heat stroke and collapsed on me? Would my cries for help be answered by a receptionist resentful that her life has hit a dead end in this lousy job, with no prospects of meeting the man of her dreams? Would she let the whole thing play itself out and silently watch me try to push this medium sized Greek or Turkish guy off me?
Thankfully I snapped out of it and got through everything okay. He even complimented me on my flossing consistency. Back outside, I drove to a local library to see the second half of the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower, which was very close to the book. A man behind me kept muttering he wanted to go home, in between loud farts. Guess he was waiting for explosions. This was a tender coming of age story with Emma Watson and some kid I didn't know making out. Very sensitive.
I was supposed to attend a writing group tonight and hear an agent speak. This is the same agent who spoke at another library and was not very encouraging. She did only children's picture books, which has nothing to do with what I write. So I'm staying home until it gets cooler and then I'll head to McDonald's with my coupon for free medium fries. My dentist, I must say, was quite polite when I swallowed some water and farted quietly.
"Rinse out your mouth," was his instruction. If only that could solve all our problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment