Thursday, September 5, 2013

Planet Fitness

I just joined Planet Fitness and so far, so good. I was there opening day in time for free coffee and bagels and the ribbon cutting. I could have gotten in that photo, but I was too busy buttering my bagel. There were people wearing sharp purple shirts ready to show me how to work the machines. Fortunately I belonged to Fitness 2, and knew almost all of them. I still have three months to go on that membership and I wonder if I can get a refund. That gym is 30 minutes from my house. PF is right down the hill. They even gave me a free t-shirt. No one at Fitness 2 wears purple shirts. Theirs are black, which also looks great. But the actual machines at PF are also purple. Very classy.
PF has a philosophy of not being judgmental. Big signs indicate that. But human nature being what it is, clients are going to sneak peeks at others and evaluate. I will ignore the denigrating looks and focus on my workout.
PF is open 24/7, which means on the nights I can't sleep I will head down there and get on the treadmill. Imagine being the only person in a huge gym at 3am. Sounds like a short story.

No comments:

Post a Comment