Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Blondie Love

So close. I am so close to her. Our panels are side by side, but cartoon rules state there can be no interaction between strips.
Look at her. After all these years a perfect figure, not a hair out of place. Look at that posture, the wide eyed approach to whatever life brings. I adore Blondie.
Dagwood is clueless. He does not deserve this woman. Look at him sitting there, his mouth full of giant hoagie. Disgusting. And she has to clean up after him.
The only time I got to speak to her was at the annual Cartoon Character Symposium. Beetle Bailey was the keynote speaker. Mary Worth got a Lifetime Achievement award. Blondie's voice was like silk. I could barely control myself.
Who am I? Some minor character in Dilbert. Once a month I make an appearance. I never get the good lines. Why would she even consider running away with me to, say, The Wall Street Journal, where we could live quietly?
I must come up with a good pick up line. "You tower over Betty Boop." That might work. I know I will burn in hell, but I must have this creature.

No comments:

Post a Comment