Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Soft, Gooey Center

I am a cook who enjoys challenge. I have a knack for sensing which of my house guests have a soft, gooey center. I had a poet over recently. Wasn't crazy about her writing, but, my oh my, was she delicious.
A contractor knocked on my door wanting to see if I wanted a porch deck. I despise porch decks. Only people who want to mind other people's business sit on porch decks. I invited him in for coffee, which is where I drop my magic pills. He was out cold in seconds. But the man's diet must have been crap because he tasted like cardboard.
There's this little place I know where writers gather. Some look potentially tasty. Writers, deep down, have a soft, gooey center. I'll pretend I'm a writer--so many do--and gain their trust. I'll even bring Twinkies. Who doesn't like Twinkies?
That reminds me. I have to pick up some spices and honey mustard. Flavoring is so important with these exotic dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment