Saturday, January 9, 2016

Hidden Aliens

Hidden aliens all over the place. In my writing group. At least six of them. The one next to me clicking away like crazy on her laptop. Across from me, another speaking in gibberish. Mention grilled cheese sandwich and he just stares blankly.
I write something hilarious, they do not laugh. I put out a serious piece, not impressed. They never burp.
Why so many in my group? I put up flyers asking for imaginative people thinking out of the box. Maybe that was it.
The real tip off is none of them smell. All humans have a distinctive smell. These creatures do not. Unnerving, but I am determined to keep their secret. One time I hiccuped and they were alarmed. Thought it was a weapon.
Hmmm. Something smells like Genoa salami. Wait. That's me  I ran out of cheese and had to have something for breakfast. Another tip off-they never use the bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment