Saturday, January 9, 2016

Not a Clue

What are we doing here? Where are we? How do we get out? One moment we're floating along free; the next we're stuck in this hot cavern and we can't see a damn thing. I can't breathe. I'm claustrophobic. Let's split up and see if we can find an opening.
Will I ever see my family again?
We're going to suffocate. Let's not just accept our fate. Let's go down fighting. All these panicked voices. Who is the enemy here?

Joe sat still as the doctor examined him. Looked up his nose. You have a sinus infection, he said. A good antibiotic and Tylenol should give you relief. But where do the germs come from, Joe asked. Albania, the doctor replied dryly.

I want answers. someone demanded. If there is a God of Germs why is he punishing us in this mushy hellhole with pulsating walls? Who will be our saviors? The words echoed through the cave.
I heard of something called a sneeze, I said. Maybe that will propel us out to freedom.
But do these sneeze things exist?
I haven't a clue. All I have is hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment