Sunday, December 17, 2017

Forbidden Storage Space

One day my neighbor from Haiti asked me to take a spare key to his storage space. If anything happens to me, destroy everything, were his instructions. I shrugged and took the key. He seemed nervous, but in these times who isn't?
Two weeks after he gave me that key his body was found covered in strange markings in a dumpster. Police were baffled.
I was shocked. But I had made a promise and went to the storage building and found his space. I wasn't sure what I would actually do once inside. Destroying someone's property did not appeal to me. I used the key and opened the door. I could lie to you. I could say I found nothing unusual. Sorry. I saw dozens of different exotic dolls and many candles. I heard something in the semi darkness. A low moaning. I looked up. What seemed to be mist on closer examination turned out to be figures of spirits, floating, hovering.
I shot out of there and kept running.
Later, I went online and looked up anything I could find about voo doo.
My neighbor must have offended the wrong God.
I sense his wife knows more than she's saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment