Friday, December 29, 2017

Holiday Family Party

I'm hoping there are no fights or serious arguments. The best way to prevent rancor is keeping serving food and drink. The animosity goes back a long way. I will not choose sides. I just hope I don't become the referee. It helps that there is a big dog bouncing around the living room
I don't know some of the people very well. If they ask what I'm up to, I'll tell them I'm happily retired. That should bore them enough to end the inquiry. I don't like talking about myself. New Year's resolutions are another topic. I'll say I resolve to drink more water. That should bore everyone enough to leave me alone to watch football.
I will be amazed at how youngsters are now teens and young adults and I am possibly the oldest in the group. I will ward off sadness by drinking extra eggnog. On January 2 I will resume my losing battle with keeping up with bills. I got a $50 gift card to Stop & Shop. Now I have to find one. I will use all of it on healthy fruit and veggies and any magazines with Zendaya on the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment