Sunday, September 22, 2019

Promises

We are immersed in promises. Marriages are all about vows, which are life long promises. Taking a job means promising your employer you will give it your best effort. People promise to call you back, to be at a certain place at a certain time. Men promise to leave the seat down.
How do we deal with broken promises. I say punishment is in order. You get three broken promises, after which you will be dragged to the center of town and beaten witha bamboo stick. This includes politicians.
The Salem witch trials have gotten a bum rap. You never see witches around there anymore. Pets  and kids can promise happiness. Yeah right. Loser kids should be sent to military school.
A while back, I promised myself I would create a body Hercules would be proud of. Plus, I would smell good every single day.
Still working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment