Sunday, September 8, 2019

Paradise

Sunday nights are my evenings in paradise. A time for writers living in Hudson County, NJ. I walk up and down Bergenline Avenue with my hand weights, absorbing the symphony of smells, sounds and sights.
I look in windows full of people eating. So many restaurants, fast food outlets, bakeries, nail salons, and shops selling just about everything. Spanish fills the air. Music blared from creeping cars, shouts of recognition to pedestrians who reply in kind.
The smells of this urban safari sift into my nostrils. So much to record in my memory. The suburbs closed down hours ago. Keep your mountains and beaches. I prefer the paradise of vibrant interaction among the exotic tribes of this thoroughfare.
Of course, they think I'm undercover and keep their distance. Maybe it's how I aggressively swing my hand weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment