Saturday, October 22, 2011

Can't Get There From Here

So I applied for a home equity loan from BOA and the fellow was so friendly on the phone. Assured me I'd have to pay no closing costs or fees. Then I get the paperwork in the mail. It turns out, yes, BOA will pay certain costs, $722 worth. But there's a whole truckload of other services that must be performed by an official agency whose costs can run up to $650. Plus you need an attorney, adding hundreds more. A 25 year payoff would run me $4000 more in interest than the actual loan, $14000 total interest on a $10000 loan. All I wanted to do was consolidate my credit card bills. So I'm going in a different direction.
I've decided to learn harmonica. Once I've reached a certain level, which shouldn't take me long, since I'm a fast learner, I will choose a spot and entertain commuters, with a basket nearby for tips. I have strong lungs and rain and cold don't bother me. I also can knit my eyebrows like I'm really intense on certain Muddy Waters and Little Milton blues numbers.
 Everyone loves harmonica. Once I establish a reputation and a brand (I'll call myself Monika Man), I'll branch out to accordion, perhaps more challenging. I will need someone to watch my accordion while I'm engrossed in the blues harp. If any of you have been ordered to perform community service for misdeeds, this is a perfect opportunity. I just want to balance my budget. Why let hidden talent go to waste?

No comments:

Post a Comment