Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home Depot Salivating

I want that $5000 gift Home Depot is offering if I do their online survey and get chosen. What would I do with that kind of money in that store?
 I'd buy wood because I love wood. I'd figure out what to do with it after it came. Batteries, lots of batteries, especially flashlight D size, which no one could get before the hurricane. If they sell lanterns, I'd get one  just for the prestige aspect. I'd perform an upgrade on my tool kit. I don't really use tools, except to hammer  nails when I hang a piece of art I've created. Plus a screwdriver to tighten my mailbox, which the super is sick of doing.
I'd get exotic lamps, or what passes for exotic there. I already have a new toilet, so I'd add a glazed tub and new tiles around said tub. A new soap dish and towel rack would complete the bathroom make over.
Shelves, containers, and shoe racks would be next up. Then I'd hit the garden section, pick up perennials, cactus and mulch because I like saying that word. Add a safe for my important documents, if I can find where I put them. New keys, five of each, small locks, lots of sandpaper and varnish and shellac and something powerful like a backup generator. And paint and throw rugs and a new hamper. Alarms for every room and my perimeter. Make my day, interloper.
If there was anything left, I'd get fancy doorknobs. Damn it, I deserve that money.

No comments:

Post a Comment