Saturday, February 16, 2013

Beaten Down by Happiness

Facebook has beaten me down. I scroll down the page and find more and more happiness. People are announcing relationships, engagements, marriages, kids, more kids, grand kids, beloved pets, exotic trips, great restaurants, photos of all of it to provide definitive proof, post after post.
I feel overwhelmed by all this joyousness.
Rants still pop up from time to time, but mostly it's all good, all healthy emotional equilibrium.
Depressing.
I spent four years in competitive high school hell. This is worse because it seems endless.
As a favor to me, someone please crash their bike. Or get into an argument. What happened to all the riveting toxic relationships?
Where is the pain, the frustration, the anguish? I need people to pitch in and help here. I can only provide so much suffering. The happiness quotient is way out of proportion.
And stop posting exquisite photos of yourself, not a hair out of place. Your perfect lives are proof God has lost interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment