Sunday, February 24, 2013

Even at Midnight

They come even at midnight. The entities. I lay there as they watch me. During the day it's not so bad with other people around me. I told Angie from Human Resources about them. She chuckled.
What do they want from me? I'm just a guy, a regular guy. I've tried singing, humming, fake snoring, touching myself. They remain, hovering over me. In the street they surround me, hissing softly through my conversations. They have no real physical presence, morphing from form to form. One resembled Cloris Leachman for a moment.
The night has its terrors and this is but one. I shall have to marshal all my courage and deal with this threat. If one tries to sneak in bed and lay beside me, I will make room, but absolutely no spooning with an entity. It's downright unnatural.
I'm convinced they are counting my nocturnal farts.

No comments:

Post a Comment