Monday, February 18, 2013

Popeye in Love

Once I fell for Olive Oil I had to announce it on Facebook. First, I posted "Popeye is in a relationship". I got a flow of congratulatory responses.
We flooded FB with hundreds of photos of us doing everyday things, hugging, at the beach, jet skiing. Olive got a snake tattoo on her skinny arm, which I love. No one could be happier.
Then, one day I scrolled down and was stunned to see this: "Bluto is in a relationship." Turns out he was seeing Betty Boop. I love Olive, but, c'mon, this was Betty Boop. Bluto was uncouth and a slob; Boop was all class. Didn't make sense. Their photos mirrored our photos.
Then I came across this post: "Wimpy is in a relationship". What the hell? The guy couldn't afford a burger. I looked closer and read it was with Steve Canyon. Who knew?
Dondi has just sent a Friend request. We have nothing in common, but I don't want to hurt the kid's feelings.
Between you and me, Olive's voice is getting on my nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment