Thursday, August 15, 2013

Boys Town

Boys Town has sent me an honorary citizenship certificate and wallet sized card. I sent them a check a while back. It looks pretty sharp, with a gold seal and signed by the National Executive Director. I wonder if flashing the card in a club will impress women.
I'm not sure what my new responsibilities are. Should I travel there and attend council meetings? Will I be taxed like regular citizens? Am I required to put one of these kids on my shoulders during parades? How much input do I have regarding policy decisions?
I never asked for this responsibility, but I'm ready to accept yet another stressful episode for the good of these kids. What puzzles me is the certificate says I "completed all the requirements and procedures attached thereto."
I've never seen the word thereto anywhere. The only procedure I can recall relating to this honor was watching the movie Boys Town on TCM. Just between us, I felt Spencer Tracy should have smacked Mickey Rooney as soon as he started acting up.
I'm going to feel guilty until I send them another check. I know Father Flanagan is looking down on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment