Thursday, August 22, 2013

White Tile

White tile on the bathroom floor is a nightmare to keep clean. I have killed myself mopping and brushing in the grooves. I have used Grout Bully, only to have the new white sections turn gray within days. You can only cover so much with throw rugs, not that I have visitors. I can accept scuff marks accumulating, but grunge in the tile grooves is disgusting and unacceptable.
So I did the only sensible thing. Went out and got brown patterned stick-on linoleum and covered the whole damn floor. It looks great. While I was all pumped up I cleaned the bowl, sink, mirror, and tub. Even caulked a few shaky tiles on the shower wall. It rained most of the day so I had the time. I could have written a prize winning short story or essay, but, you know, every day I have to see that cruddy floor and now I don't. A man has to be able to make a decision.
I rewarded myself with an ice cream sandwich and a granola bar.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment