Thursday, August 1, 2013

New Mattress

I bought a new full size mattress I've named Amber. We are currently bonding and I sense chemistry, unlike my old air matress Gretchen, who squeaked, groaned, developed a lump and needed inflation every two weeks.
I loved dragging her to the dumpster.
The salesman watched me test Amber in all positions, which could have been creepy if we weren't professional about it. It is a pleasure to have a big, wide space to sleep on. The first two nights I've lain awake, possibly putting too much pressure on myself and Amber. I'm sure I'll settle into good sleep eventually. Amber and I have a mutual respect, which I will maintain by not passing wind in her presence.
Perhaps I have too many stories in my mind to sleep. This is a writer's burden I accept.
Interestingly, while at the store, I tried a recliner, which was so comfortable I didn't want to get up and resume my life. I could literally exist in Bob's Furniture by moving from bed to recliner all day.
Now I'm going to take a quick nap. Amber awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment