Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Extra Cookie

I was recently faced with an ethical dilemma. The kid taking my order at a fast food restaurant accidentally gave me four cookies instead of three. I did not discover this until I sat down and began eating. I debated whether to return the extra one, but before you judge me, these were oatmeal raisin cookies and that changes the narrative.
I love oatmeal raisin. I had a medium French vanilla ice coffee and a good book. I was feeling pretty good about things. But I do have a conscience and my temporary solution was to only eat three and take the other home and ponder my responsibility here. I am certainly not desperate for food. I considered finding a homeless person and giving it to him. But I am a busy writer with much on his plate and no time to go looking for an unfortunate.
So I ate the cookie next day with my lunch and now I sense something really bad is going to happen to me. Karma and all that. Still, that was a damn good cookie. I mean, it's not like I'm running for office.

No comments:

Post a Comment