Monday, May 25, 2015

Latecomer

Some walk in slowly and deliberately, making an entrance. I, on the other hand, prefer rushing in and taking a seat before anyone realizes I'm late.
There are so many good reasons for being late. Recently I went to Shoprite and ordered a scrambled egg and Taylor ham on a roll at the food court. It is my preferred breakfast and normally takes less than five minutes. This time the lady behind the counter seemed to prioritize other customers, some of whom worked there. I was seated nearby reading a paper I had every intention of paying for. Eventually.
I knew by 930am I would be late for my writers meeting. I was going to stamp my foot and leave in a huff, but the last time I did that I sprained my knee. So I waited, got my breakfast and arrived late.
As luck would have it, it was beneficial because had I arrived on time I would have witnessed a fierce confrontation between two women who can't stand each other.
Writers without breakfast can get pretty grumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment