Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Stretching, essay

Look at this wood floor. Wood is good. Here I go stretching and twisting and bending. All healthy, all good. Except Sarah #1 stretching next to me.
Her flowered dress is making me dizzy. I want to bury myself in the calm of Angela's blue top. I want to feel safe in my emotional crib.
Martin and Jim stretching do nothing for my sensibilities. Two middle aged guys with no balance. If they keel over, let them lay there.
Bandana Sara #2 probably carries a razor, so I only smile at her.
But what of me? How do I really feel about this stretching? It's not that different from mornings naked in front of my full length mirror under lit by a lamp on the floor.
I am wearing a $10 watch from CVS that looks more expensive. Yes, I am getting in touch with my body parts and I feel an urge to group hug. I should close my eyes and imagine a better world, a world with more coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment