Saturday, October 31, 2015

Scared

Nothing can scare me anymore. I've been through so much. Old age doesn't frighten me. Death and I have a daily conversation. I don't stress over deteriorating body parts and the future I do not even think about. I am Teflon.
Well, not completely. Trick or treaters make me anxious. What if my treats don't measure up? Not everyone lusts over chocolate and licorice. If just one disgruntled kid is standing there in his Hulk costume I'll simply shrug and slam the door. But if its a gang of hooligans that reject my treat, will there be violence?
Will they leap upon me and duct tape my mouth and use clothesline they carry for such purposes? Will they tattoo me against my will--large, ferocious animals across my stomach?
Will they steal my hand puppets?
I need to get hold of myself and consider options. Leave the lights and TV off all night.
Other than this little possibility, nothing scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment