Thursday, April 28, 2016

Crock Pot Angst

I got a crock pot for my birthday and I've yet to open the box. People expect me to cook something. My doctor gave me a website with hundreds of crock pot recipes. He demands I cook pot roast. My brother gave me another recipe book. Family waits expectantly for results. I'm feeling lots of pressure. Suppose my crock pot doesn't bond with me. They can be tempermental. I might stick pork chops and veggies in there, leave the house for a time, and return to cinders and disgusted firemen.
Having a crock pot means having to buy ingredients, a word that has always frightened me. It took me weeks to trust my micro. I have to eat healthier and drop some weight. I feel I'm burning lots of calories just worrying about this. I must meditate and believe this will end well.
This is why I never use my stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment