Saturday, October 7, 2017

Sand Castle Blues

This is not working. Kids are laughing at my lopsided sand castle. The design lacks something. The turrets are a joke. I must rethink this. All this sand and no ideas.
Finally I decide on a replica of The Hague. Ten miuntes later, some kid says it looks like a bald guy. I explain the importance of this building. He shakes his head and says nothing is more important than Disney World. I am furious and toss sand at him. He retaliates and a little tike is collateral damage. Sand in the eye.
Adults converge on me. carry me to a hole and dump me inside. Pile sand up to my chin. I scream. A lifeguard comes over and calls for help. The Beach Patrol vehicle almost runs me over. I am given a warning for disturbing the peace. It is on a piece of paper stuck in my mouth. They leave.
I have lost faith in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment