Sunday, August 25, 2019

Lip Service

Many pay lip service to creating an inclusive society. I must confess I am one of those people. But I am a hypocrite when it comes to insects sharing my condo. Kill lust overcomes me. I have cans of spray at the ready.
Last night while eating a cheese sandwich and sitting in my recliner, a fly invaded my personal space and almost landed on the bread. I took offense, though I know it was just being a fly. The inital spray stunned it and it wobbled around. A second shot almost put it out of commission. The third spray drowned it in white foam. Success.
Except, that shot landed on a copy of a short story I wrote, drenching it. I removed the fly with a paper towel and tossed it in the garbage.
Yes, I say all the right things about ecology, but I am nothing more than a cold blooded insect murderer. I had trouble sleeping last night. Dre amt something large was crawling on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment