Monday, June 17, 2013

Cable Madness

This last one is enough. I'm not playing this game anymore. My cable company sent me its latest notice. I am to receive the following channels in my package for an extra $6 a month: Bloomberg TV- a 24 hour business network, Boomerang-a kids channel (I have no kids), the Crime & Investigation Network, which dramatizes forensic science, like having five CSI shows isn't enough, C-Span 3, focusing on American political history, which is more depressing than the business channel, Reelz Channel, all about movies, celebrities, fashion, music and stories behind the stories. What stories? They're all rich, crazy, drugged up and indifferent to my problems. H2, offering historical documentaries including Ancient Aliens, Modern Marvels and The Universe. Hose me down please.
I will never watch any of these channels. I am tired of these ridiculous increases. I said that to the sympathetic clerk at their office. She didn't argue the point. I guess I looked downtrodden. In minutes she downgraded my package and saved me at least $65 a month. But I will no longer get ESPN or E!. I was getting tired of the X Games and Chelsea Handler anyway. More time to read and meet friends. Now I have to find friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment