Saturday, June 22, 2013

Falling Down

I fell out of a tow truck last night. My car wouldn't start and I called AAA. Within a half hour someone showed and tested my battery. No luck. The starter was gone. This happened before and there's never a warning.
I had a heckuva time climbing into his truck. It must have been three feet off the ground. Unfortunately, when we got to the closed gas station and he jumped out to unhook the car, I also jumped out. And kept going. I hit the ground all wrong, rammed my whole body weight into my right shoulder. He didn't see it and I was too embarrassed to tell him.
I had x-rays on that shoulder three days before because of continuing pain. I was waiting for the results when this happened. Now I can hardly move my arm without pain. I sense an MRI is in my future, followed by weeks of rehab.
What if I can't write my blog? Or dress myself? Take a shower? This is wonderful. Just in time for the publication of my new book, The Story Eaters.
I hate my car. Hate my shoulder. Hate my stinking luck. Old men falling down is a You Tube video waiting to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment