Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Twenty Two Authors

There were 22 authors at the Hoboken Book Fair. Some of us read to basically each other. A few family members showed. Free breakfast and lunch made up for a lot. I spoke to some old friends, made a few new ones. Everything was very civil.
The keynote speaker wrote a cookbook and was by far the most popular writer there. What can you do? People value food over good literature. I put my books on a table, asked a volunteer to watch them and took off to Dunkin Donuts for an hour. Sometimes you just get sick of talking about yourself.
I didn't sell any books, keeping my record at book fairs intact. My books have colorful, eerie covers, irresistible in my opinion. Evidently others disagreed.
It didn't rain, no one threw up, there were no fist fights, no drunkenness.  I got an ID tag, which I wear all the time. It has my name and Author underneath. I also received a placard with my bio. Very classy.
You know, I really feel like a writer. Wish I could autograph this blog for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment