Saturday, June 29, 2013

Salsa Princess

She couldn't get her shoes on. This amazingly toned young woman plopped down next to me at Lincoln Center Friday night with these stylish purple strap on shoes and she couldn't figure how to get the straps untangled.
Her boyfriend stood there impatiently, making remarks like, "Don't ever buy those shoes again." The old guy to her right offered encouragement in Spanish. I just sat there checking out her calves. To her credit, she didn't lose her composure or yell at the boyfriend. When she finally got them on he announced that the ends of the back straps were too long, which they were, but with this woman's body, who cares?
Then she tossed her flip flops into his carry bag much to his dismay. "If you broke my sunglasses you're paying me $40." She did not reply. They went off to dance. I sat there with the old guy probably thinking the same thing--how did this princess get stuck with such a frog?

No comments:

Post a Comment