Wednesday, June 19, 2013

No Parking

There is no parking anywhere anymore. I tried downtown Jersey City where a free concert was happening. Even heard the music as I circled around and around. Gave up, drove to Hoboken, saw there was neither a concert nor parking, not even a whiff. Store lots now post large tow away signs and I can't chance that just to walk around The Mile Square City aimlessly. So I drove to Weehawken, thinking I could use the beautiful waterfront track to get in power walking. I almost didn't nail a spot there either until miraculously one appeared at the very end of the lot.
But unless you're a resident you can't park there until 8pm. It was 750, so I decided to chance it. The view of NYC is incredible. Soccer players practiced while others walked and jogged. No riff raff, no drinking or loitering. Families enjoying the evening while an adult softball game went on next to us.
Hudson County has lots of quality stuff in spring and summer, much of it free. But the damn parking situation stinks. Maybe I'll invest in a bike. Then I would finally have an excuse to wear Spandex.

No comments:

Post a Comment