Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Composure is Overrated

The hell with unflappable composure. Meet chaos with chaos. Sobbing is an option. I got a flat tire, stood by the side of the road sobbing. A pathetic senior citizen creates a response. Six people fixed my tire. There are people who won't change expression if hot coffee spills on them. These are stupid people. Anything involving pain, you will hear me howling.
As a writer I'm supposed to read my work in front of audiences. What if a hot woman is in the first row? Or my probation officer? Suppose Phillip Roth were to take a seat? Am I supposed to remain nonplussed. Hell, I'll act plussed like nobody's business.
Go with your emotions. If Linda Blair had stayed calm how dull The Exorcist would've been.
Public breakdowns garner attention which you can turn into a brand and bring in profit.
Obama is too calm. We should have elected a howler. Give Putin something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment