Saturday, May 31, 2014

Harry's Third Arm

Harry's third arm was almost completely formed. Only the fingernails were missing. Over sized clothes did not help conceal his issue. He and I participated in the same experiment, testing new drugs to combat sinus congestion back in 2011.
I looked at him and saw my future. Researchers had injected us with compounds, as well as having us inhale other substances. Harry's breathing improved; mine didn't. Initially I was jealous. Why him and not me?
Ten months later his third arm started developing. A dermatologist said it was probably just a cyst and would go away on its own. Yeah, right.
Here we are in the spring of 2014 and he's adapted quite admirably. In fact, he's using it to brush his teeth.He can almost pick his nose with it.
As you might expect I keep checking my body for irregularities and except for a tiny opening under my rib cage, everything seems fine. Well, when I pee, a few drops leak out my side, but taped tissue covers it nicely. For $5 I'll show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment