Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sinking Boat

Jellyfish sense fear. I know that now. Natives on the beach hated me for deflowering the chief's daughter. I know that now. The helicopter hovering, piloted by a former business partner I forced out in a board room coupe was not there to rescue me. I know that now. Investing in a cheap boat was not a good idea. I know that now. My buddy Ralph, who stroked out two days ago, was no substitute for filet Mignon. One shriveled finger told me that.
Starving and thirsty, with little chance of swimming to shore, I was prepared to meet my maker. Just then a speedboat pulled up. My publisher leaned over to rescue me from this leaking boat. He had given me a $25000 advance and I owed him a book. He was not about to let me drown.
Please don't tell me you spent the money on this stinking boat, he said. I glanced down at Ralph, who was now covered with ravenous jellyfish.
At least I had an ending to my novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment