Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stroller Terror

We both moved at the same time. She with her stroller, me crossing in front, tripping over it.
Watch where you're going! You'll hurt my baby!
For a few moments I was silent, taken aback. How many times breeders have slammed into me with those vehicles from hell, I've lost count. I just chalk it up to the sense of entitlement they feel. If their kid is the essential priority for them, why isn't it for the rest of us. I rub my ankle and shin and move on.
We were among a group of people surrounding a tent at a multicultural festival. Evidently tickets had been sold for a raffle and this dedicated mom pushed to the front, demanding to know what number was called, in between chastising me.
In the process she left the stroller and kid two feet behind her, out of sight, vulnerable to anyone wishing to whisk away her precious baby.
This whole 'kids come first mindset', always, under any circumstances, when did that start?
This is how I will die: crushed under the weight of a dozen double strollers at a Tupperware giveaway at some outdoor community come together celebration. That's why I always carry ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment