Friday, April 17, 2015

AC Moore Closes

Oh the pain. Watching my art supply store being dismantled. Where once there were shelves full of blaring color and all sorts of crafty tools, now there is only barrenness. How could this have happened? I always saw customers inside. Around holidays the place was packed.
All the brushes, paint, canvas, wood, glass and clothing I got there.All the coupons I cashed in on. All the great conversations with cashiers. Well, not that many actually. The lines were too long.
What will I do? Of course there is Michaels, but inside isn't the same feeling. It's like going from Lana Turner to Emma Stone. What will open in its place? A nail salon??
How many potentially great artists will never develop because of lack of supplies? I wanted to hug every worker, every customer, every roll of bright yarn.
Where would we be without yarn and its practitioners?
This is worse than the day Rag Shop closed. I have lost my appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment