Monday, April 20, 2015

Feeling Invisible

When I lead a discussion group I am in charge. All attention is focused on me. My posture is superb, I speak in complete sentences using a deep, resonant voice. I make serious eye contact.
However, when it comes to dancing, I am invisible. I cannot dance. At various events that include this activity I stand alone in dark corners, a ghost. Sometimes someone will take pity on me and lead me to the dance floor. This leads to  severe embarrassment.
I have screwed up line dancing so bad I am barred from those events for life. You name it. Salsa, rumba, samba, marimba, all those dances ending in letter A,  I desecrate them. Latinos will not speak to me. The cha cha frightens me, flamenco causes sweaty palms, break dancing is down right dangerous, and that robotic stuff is dehumanizing.
Don't get me started on Fandango Failure.
All my erudition and education does not help.
Perhaps I should attempt Chinese fan dancing. The footwork is minimal.

No comments:

Post a Comment