Monday, November 14, 2016

Liverwurst Lust

I'm going to make myself a liverwurst sandwich. I can hardly type this, I'm so excited. There is something exotic about this food staple. I like its texture and color and roundness if it is in a roll.  It looks almost like an embryo.
I can have it with or without mustard, on any kind of bread. It is so soft, not like baloney or pepperoni. You feel like you want to  just leave it on your tongue. I have never known of someone unable to digest this delicious meal.
But you must be vigilant. If you somehow forget about your liverwurst, it goes bad pretty quick. Ugly green and tan blotches cover the outer part, then migrate to the center. Spoiled liverwurst is a sacrilege. Also, do not make more than one sandwich. You risk losing the special quality of this cold cut, which is a poor description.
Do not speak to me of cheese in this discussion. Cheese has its place. I love cheese.
But I respect liverwurst.
Now I will shut down and go make my sandwich. Go read someone else s blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment