Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Better at Night

Lately I find myself sipping coffee at night in a fast food restaurant, reading something. I guess I need to decompress after a full day of telling my friends how to live their lives. Doing this at night seems more appropriate. It just does.
Other things are more appropriate at night, like the sound of a saxophone. The ukelele is a day instrument, but the sax belongs after sunset.
One thing I've never seen at night is someone feeding pigeons. Come to think of it, I've never seen pigeons waddling around in the dark. Is there some underground pigeon refuge we don't know about?
Hugging your pillow, pathetic in the morning, makes perfect sense at night. While you're doing that, running through all your regrets compiled over decades makes sense.
If I see another person sitting alone in McDonald s at 10pm reading and sipping coffee I will respect their privacy. But, seeing as you can get three cookies for a buck, essential to accompany the java, I'd be curious to know if he chose oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip. That choice tells you all you need to know about someone. I'm not revealing my personal choice. A man should have a bit of mystique.

No comments:

Post a Comment