Friday, November 22, 2013

Trespassing is An Art

Privacy annoys me. Who decided we have a right to conceal? A strong society is one built on truth. The more we know about each other, the deeper the truths.
Here is my technique for violating someone's privacy. I could say it's none of your business, but everything's your business.
First I suggest we sit someplace quiet. Then I buy them coffee and a pastry. I always look neat and presentable, like someone you can trust. I'll compliment them on their appearance. My, have you been hitting the gym? That is a good look for you. All you need is a sombrero.
Then I'll mention a news item like Obamacare and really listen to their opinion. I'll mix in frivolous stuff like all those cat postings on You Tube.
Next, and this is vital, I'll reveal something personal about myself. I'll detail the evolution of that growth on my hip and what treatment I'm undergoing. Now the other person feels guilty if they don't reveal something about themselves. I'll start small and ask about their mom's health.
Gradually, as they open up, I'll sneak into more intimate areas. Are your bunions under control?
The flood gates will open and all sorts of personal information will be released. Their boss's attitude, did your kid get drunk, did you poison the neighbor's ocelot? Where are your rashes located?
Then I'll buy them a second cup. Soon they'll be revealing just about everything. Set up a second date to finish the job. Always look concerned.
Privacy may have been important at one time, but this is The Age of Reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment