Thursday, November 21, 2013

Real, Not Real

What is real? I know when to stop thinking, so why do I keep on doing it?
I convince myself Pepper Jack is really Feta cheese.
My extended family only appears at holidays. Real or unreal?
What if others see only an empty chair where I am sitting?
If I mailed a letter and there was really no mailbox, would it fall to the sidewalk or disapear?
How can anyone claim the alphabet isn't real when I am using it right now?
Is that flake of dandruff mine, and if so, does that mean I still have hair?
No one's mouth is moving so no talking is happening. But I hear speech in my head.
My watch hands are moving, so time must be passing. Or is it a trick of light?
Wait! Steve was just sitting there and now he's gone. I read his notebook--he appears to be using another alphabet. Is there actually a question mark at the end of this sentence? If punctuation doesn't exist how do I stop writing? Maybe I should try some periods.........
Okay, I feel better now.
Wait. Steve has returned and he's out of breath. Perhaps he ran around the block to prove it exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment