Sunday, November 17, 2013

Flat Tire

I got a flat tire yesterday. I managed to pull into an empty lot and call AAA. I'm not great at changing tires for one reason. Once I get the car jacked up and pry off the cover, I can never unscrew the nuts. When you get new tires, they use that tightening machine and forget it. You can't budge those things.
Just as I was about to fultily try, a guy pulled up and asked if I needed help. He was the second one actually. I guess I lookk old and helpless.
I hesitated, but he looked honest, Hispanic with a big smile. Well, the guy somehow loosened those nuts by jumping on the long wrench. He put my donut tire on and refused the $5 I offered. Said he used to be a mechanic.
I shook his hand and thanked him. Makes you change your opinion of mankind. I quickly found a service station, had my tire repaired and called AAA to cancel. Breathing a sigh of relief, I drove home and had lunch.
One positive came from this--I got to clean out my trunk. I have four snow and ice cleaners for my windows. And six de-icer sprays.

No comments:

Post a Comment