Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Class Action

I am part of a class action suit. I got two cards in the mail indicating Chase screwed up a promotional interest rate. Because I have multiple Chase credit cards, I received the two notifications, each with a long ID and pin number. I may get $8 per claim. I mean, why would I receive these cards if I weren't wronged by this behemoth institution? They claim they did nothing wrong. Right. I do have the option of opting out, hiring a lawyer and claiming severe emotional distress because of their promotional shenanigans. I have that 'victim look', which would come across effectively in a courtroom. I see where attorneys' fees may be one and a half million bucks. Sounds fair.
So I'll check my mailbox everyday for the dough. Sixteen dollars is like three good size Wendy's meals. One upsetting trend I've noticed is the increase in minimum payments on all banks' statements. I have a balance of $40 and they want a $35 minimum payment. Where is the trust? The only solution is to stop using credit cards. That will happen when I stop breathing.
I half expect a call from Chase asking to negotiate my possible $16. I'm a reasonable guy. If they can provide twenty followers to my blog I may consider excluding myself from this whole suit. Until they try to screw me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment