Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Award

It's time I got an award.
I'm not particular what kind or what it's for. I don't even care what shape or size it is, how much it weighs, what material it is made out of, although bamboo might be insulting. I won't complain about the presenter or the event I receive it at. In fact, if they want to mail it to me, that would be fine.
If one looks at me objectively, it's ridiculous I haven't gotten an award by now. I've accomplished lots and lots of important things. I am compassionate and philanthropic, all about humanitarianism and other long words I can't remember. I volunteer for all kinds of things including medical and drug tests. I deal with side effects without whining. I am, in every sense, a world citizen.
What's really bothering me is the plethora of awards being given to others. First it was celebrities with talent. Then, reality stars with no talent. Then folks who aren't even in the media being honored by their community or group. Then all those awards being handed out to kids for things I could do just as well when I was a kid. Pretty soon they'll be a Best Fetus award.
I have a dozen acceptance speeches ready, each wittier than the next. I can do the humble bit. I am primed and ready to receive an award. If I die before that happens a whole of people are going to be haunted by guilt. I think this blog entry should be nominated for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment