Monday, September 17, 2012

Best Laid Plans

Ah well. So it goes. My appearance tonight at a local library to discuss flash fiction was cancelled. I didn't get the message because I was out all day. So I show up ready to do a workshop and get told there was a scheduling conflict.
Funny about that. For weeks the library had flyers all over the place advertising my appearance. Seems odd no one saw that there might be a conflict. You would think there was another space we could have used. I wonder if people showed up, not knowing about the cancellation.
If I were younger I would have lost my temper. But now I let this stuff roll off me. I have a few more appearances scheduled trying to market my book, but I can see there's little chance of significant sales.
I have to find a cheaper way to publish. I'm only looking for a limited amount of copies for family and friends. This marketing business is like running into a wall over and over and I'm tired. There are so many others trying to sell their books and only so much spending money out there. Hell, I don't pay full price for books anymore. Why should I expect others to?

No comments:

Post a Comment