Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Her Mail

The woman upstairs hardly ever empties her mailbox. The mail carrier gives up forcing more in and puts hers in mine. Her mail is usually more interesting than mine just from the envelopes. She also gets a Victoria's Secret catalog. I am an ethical person and it would be unethical for me to look through it. So I place everything in the hallway in front of her door.
What if it just lays there and no one brings it upstairs?
What if her box fills up again? Should I inform the super? She's overweight and I can usually hear her walking around and it's been pretty quiet. I haven't seen her enter or leave recently. What if she moved out and told no one?
God, what if she had a heart attack? She could be lying on the floor. I have to do something. I hate having to make these decisions. Maybe I'll wait one more day. In the meantime, I'll step into the hallway and just take a tiny peak at the Victoria's Secret. Who's gonna know?

No comments:

Post a Comment